Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Most Delicious Cookie Ever

Photo Credit: Whole Foods Market
Cookies—I happen to know a lot about cookies. Although prone to hyperbole, I can truthfully say I've eaten thousands of them. Maybe millions. Hundreds in one sitting. My love for cookies runs deep, beyond taste, wafting over all my senses as I savor the cookies' aroma, appreciate its beauty and the sensual stickiness of its soft, luxurious dough.

Further evidence of my devotion: I own two T-shirts featuring Cookie Monster.

So, when I say this recipe creates the BEST cookies ever, believe me.

As far as cookies go, these are healthy, unless you consume quantities. The batter freezes well and tastes delish raw. And since the batter is egg-free, it's actually safe to eat unbaked.

Parents will love these easy-to-make snacks which contain plant protein, healthy fats and no refined sugar. As  a healthy alternative to packaged sweets, they also save money.

For travelers, these goodies pack and journey well, and can replace a meal since the balance of protein, healthy fats and unrefined carbs boosts energy while maintaining healthy hormone levels. Far superior to packaged meal bars and way tastier than granola, be sure to pack these babies for flights, trekking and ski trips. 

Trust me, you will love these cookies.

Chloe's Cookies

1 cup almonds
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canola oil
Cinnamon, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
Apple butter,  apricot or other jam, or almond butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil cookie sheets. Grind almonds in food processor or blender. Grind 1 cup of rolled oats. Mix almonds, ground oats and oat flour and spices. Add maple syrup and canola oil. Make balls of dough. Press center with thumb. Add dollop of apple or almond butter or jam to thumbprint. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown. Check at 15 minutes to avoid over baking. Yield: 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog. There are some nice recipes there. If you don't have Tassajara's books already they have this recipe and many similar. I'm sure you have some of them but just in case..

    ReplyDelete